VAT has been implemented in the GCC. Around 95% of the consumer goods and services will attract tax which poses a significant challenge to business enterprises as they need to prepare themselves for upcoming challenges. With the levy of the tax, the business models of many organizations will also be challenged which creates an immediate need…View Details
Essentials of GCC Labour Laws
Essentials of GCC Labour Laws
Essentials of GCC Labour Laws course is designed to simplify, clarify, interpret and help organizations abide by the labor laws in the GCC region. It is, basically, labor law made simple.
Labor law is essential to the human resources management function, yet it can be complicated and highly specialized.
This 2-day interactive course will walk you through the legal landscape of employing people in the GCC from recruitment to termination.
It will prepare HR practitioners to successfully handle common labour law issues which arise across the GCC.
This course has been developed for all HR professionals within any industry sector. It would also be highly beneficial for those working as company secretaries, legal heads who have had minimal formal training in labour law and wish to consolidate their experience in the region.
The focus of the course is to offer broad level guidance on how to make sure their HR policy is in line with GCC Labour laws and also to ensure full compliance with Labour Laws.
Participants will also get to hear about the latest thinking in ethical HR and going beyond legal compliance.
This is a very interactive workshop with a number of real life case studies, mock trials and a live labour-law clinic with employment lawyers at the end.
You might be interested in UAE Labor Law course as a next step.
- COURSE TYPE Practitioner
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 2 days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY Local Certificate
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
Upon completion of the programme, you will be able to:
*understand the impact of employment law at the start of the employment relationship
*recognize the primary rights that the employee has during the employment period
*identify the issues to address at the termination of the employment
*and much more.
This course is suitable for everyone in HR or the business looking to gain a better understanding of the laws governing employment in the GCC.
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
Participants who fully attend this course and complete the test on the last day will receive a Strategic Axis Professional Certificate (SAPC). SAPC certificates are regionally recognized and can be quite valuable when applying for more senior roles within the organization or outside.
Additionally, all participants will receive certificates from KHDA – Knowledge and Human Development Authority.
Module 1: Labor law application
- The global legal environment
- Types of international legal systems
- History of labor law in the GCC
- The GCC legal environment
- Comparing legal systems in the GCC
- Communicating codes
- Pre-labor law application in the GCC
- Identification of exempted categories
Module 2: Legal instruments
- Introduction and overview of labor law
- Enforcement of labor law
- Labor contracts pre-requisites
- Labor law contracts
- Similarities and dissimilarities in the GCC labor contracts
- Essential contents of contracts
- Employer and employee duties and responsibilities
- The secrets of deals revealed
- Changes in legal status
Module 3: Notice period, probation period and leaves
- Notice period definition
- Guidelines for a notice letter
- Different applications of the notice period
- When notice is not needed
- Probation period and its practices
- Types of leaves
- Working hours
- Overtime: explanation and calculations for eligibility
Module 4: Wages and disciplinary actions
- Total, basic and minimum wages
- Wages payment methodology
- Money deductions from employee wages
- Disciplinary actions and guidelines
- Penalties mentioned in the labor law
- When and why to discipline
Module 5: Dismissal and termination
- Arbitrary dismissal
- Unfair dismissal
- Termination from a legal point of view
- Arbitrary termination
- End of service allowances and calculations
- The bright and the dark side of layoffs and terminations
- Legal constraints for a healthy turnover
- Legal insights for human resources professionals
- Attempts to develop and standardize a common GCC labor law
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information