How prepared are you when it comes to dealing with increasing expectations for Document Control and Records Management? Knowing where and how to start is often the biggest challenge. Both public and private sector organizations need to be aware of the value of the information or knowledge that they hold and their potential. As a…View Details
Office Management Professional
Office Management Professional
Office Management Professional. Managing a busy office can be a very demanding and challenging role. What differentiates exceptional administrators from the rest of the crowd?
On one day you could be interviewing new members of staff, the next managing your office book-keeping and payroll.
Our Office Management Professional certification is designed to teach you the fundamental skills you will need to turn you into a highly valued and well-paid office manager who can confidently juggle different tasks.
You’ll study areas such as the principles of effective HR, book-keeping, leadership attributes alongside becoming expert on some of the most common office software packages. All of which combined mean you can be confident that you have been trained to the highest level.
An efficiently run office is rarely remarked upon or celebrated, but an inefficient workplace can be the cause of much stress.
This course gives essential and in-depth practical techniques that will enable you to excel at your workplace.
In this course, you will learn multi-disciplinary best practices such as how to be a better business writer and a master communicator. This course also focuses on the importance of providing exceptional internal and external customer service and the impact of doing this.
Moreover, you will thoroughly have the chance to discuss the effects of stress at the workplace and ways to turn stress to an advantage.
You will also learn how mastering your effective use of time will inevitably enhance your productivity and lower your stress level. Another topic you will delve into is organizing and running an effective and professional meeting.
This course will help you develop an assertive and organized approach to managing people and processes in your office to facilitate harmonious and productive working.
You might be interested in other Administration Programs as a next step.
- COURSE TYPE Practitioner
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 3 days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY Local Certificate
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
This programme is designed for those who will ultimately seek positions as Office Managers and provides students with the knowledge necessary for the effective management and administration of staff and resources.
The programme is particularly suitable for experienced and mature office staff who seek a recognized Office Management qualification for career advancement purposes.
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
Participants who fully attend this course and complete the test on the last day will receive a Strategic Axis Professional Certificate (SAPC). SAPC certificates are regionally recognized and can be quite valuable when applying for more senior roles within the organization or outside.
Module 1: The role of the office manager and administrator
- Competencies required for success
- What it takes to be a ‘star’ at work
- Identifying your role
- Emotional Intelligence
- Personal competence review
- Time management constraints – resources, systems, other people and self
- Handling requests and conflicting priorities
Module 2: Team Working, Communication and Meetings
- Team working and team roles
- Briefing skills – giving, receiving and passing on
- Organising, and participating in, meetings
- Notes, minutes and follow-up
Module 3: Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Improving credibility and gaining recognition
- Importance of having positive attitude
- Being assertive
- Selling your ideas to the boss, colleagues, subordinates and clients
- Preparing a professional presentation
- What constitutes professional business writing
- Style and layout
- Obtaining your objective with the reader
- Expectations of readers
Module 4: Serving the internal and external customer
- Understanding the needs of internal and external customers
- Removing services barriers
- Providing excellent service
- Breaking down the silo mentality
- Handling complaints
Module 5: Managing time
- Identifying and eliminating time wasters
- Setting goals and priorities
- Using measures to control and improve your effectiveness
- Planning and managing time for self and others
- Preparing time logs and learning from them
Module 6: Organizing meetings
- Elements of an effective meeting
- Preparing the agenda
- Meeting common time wasters
- Taking minutes of meetings
- Responsibilities of meeting leaders and participants
Module 7: Using the telephone properly
- Professional telephone behavior
- Rules for good listening
- Steps in professional handling of an incoming call
- Dealing with difficult callers
- Identifying common phone problems and formulating solutions
Module 8: Desk Management and Office Technology/Writing Skills
- Office layout and ergonomics
- Managing the paper-load and developing paperless systems
- Getting the best from office technology
- Letter writing
- E-mail efficiency and etiquette
- Writing and editing reports
- Proof-reading skills
- Setting up/developing writing layout and style guidelines for the organization
Module 9: Managing Information & Budgets/Improving Customer Service and Systems
- Principles of information management – scheduling, filtering and digesting
- File and document management systems
- Interpreting & presenting statistical information
- Designing & using graphs
- Designing surveys, presenting findings and understanding the meaning
- Basic concepts of financial management
- Monitoring budgets and variance
- Improving customer service and systems – continuous improvement
- Action planning
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information