Business Process Management & Improvement (BPMI) – Become a Business Process Management Professional! To harness the work done and increase productivity in organizations, it is essential to understand how to manage business processes. This course explores the need for managing business processes and how process modeling, mapping, and analysis are all parts of a broader framework…View Details
Key Account Management
Key Account Management
Key Account Management course is designed to transform participants into business advisors and high yielding and profit generating relationship managers whom clients rely on and companies value.
The course shows participants how to build long-term, value-based relationships with large accounts, penetrate them for additional business, and maximize the revenue they generate while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
The course also provides a strong focus on quantitative approaches to account qualification and account planning best practices.
How many of your accounts are buying everything they should from you, across all of your capability areas?
Selling to existing accounts is one of the most significant untapped opportunities for revenue growth. In fact, Top Performers in strategic account management experience significantly more considerable revenue growth, profit growth, and year-over-year client satisfaction.
The loss of one primary account could have a disastrous effect on your survival, conversely acquiring an extra one can double profitability. In many companies, multiple lines of business have meant that some of their key clients are handled by different individuals leading to confusion amongst customers as to who they are dealing.
With Strategic Axis Key Account Management training, you will gain the critical skills and knowledge needed to turn account growth opportunity into account growth reality. You will learn a proven process for strategic account planning that will allow them to review and grow your accounts systematically.
Developing your strategic plans and your key account managers’ skillset must, therefore, be a priority to enable you to build sustainable relationships, create excellent customer retention, improve sales, increase margins and ensure ongoing customer loyalty.
Key account management needs a strategic planning approach that goes way beyond traditional selling. Modern key account managers need to deploy a range of business, communication and relationship building skills to maximize the value of strategic planning.
You might be interested in other Sales and Marketing programs as a next step.
- COURSE TYPE Practitioner
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 5 Days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY Local Certificate
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
Participants who fully attend this course and complete the test on the last day will receive a Strategic Axis Professional Certificate (SAPC). SAPC certificates are regionally recognized and can be quite valuable when applying for more senior roles within the organization or outside.
Module 1: Introduction to Key Account Management
- Definition of the Roles and Responsibilities of Key Account Managers
- Competency Requirements for Key Account Managers and Taking Stock
- Comparing Selling and Key Account Management
- Key Account Management requires Organisational change; It is not just a sales technique
- Workshop: What defines a Key Account?
- Criteria for Qualifying Key Accounts (KA)
- Strategic Accounts versus Key Accounts
- Penetrating, Expanding, and Protecting Key Accounts
- Working with Marketing, Channel Management, Operations, Logistics, etc.
- Managing Customer Profitability and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Module 2: Understanding Your Customers
- Understanding Buyer Motivation and How You Can Influence It
- Assessing Client Organisational Culture and It’s Fit with Your Organisation
- Understanding Your Client’s Key Business Objectives, and Aligning
- Account Analysis Insights
- Account Analysis Methods
- Two layers of planning
- Prioritizing Efforts
- Important Business Analysis
- Customer Analysis
- Past Business Analysis
- Competition Analysis
- The Use of A Client SWOT Analysis
- Developing a Competitor Matrix
- Who’s Who – Determining Buying Roles and Networking
- How Buying has Changed and Adapting Accordingly
- Understanding and Reducing the Customer’s Perception of Risk
- Important ‘KPIs’ for KA qualification
Module 3: Best Practices and the Key Account Manager
- Motivational Theory and Maintaining Great Client Relationships
- Understanding the Role and Responsibilities of Key Account Managers
- Harnessing daily to-do-lists to optimize sales productivity
- Identifying and working with different personality styles
- Presentation skills for key account managers
- Consultative Selling and Adding Real value to the Client
- Developing the Client’s Staff as Your Internal Salespeople
- Managing Complex Accounts with Multiple Decision-makers
- How to Build and Lead Virtual and Real Teams to Success
- Setting the Right Metrics – Not Just Sales Volume
- Maintain Team Focus Ensuring Account Objectives and Key Tasks are Achieved
- Utilising Modern Technology and e-Business
Module 4: Developing a Strategic Key Account Plan
- Designing a Modern Day Account Development Strategy
- Business Partnership Defined
- The Partnership Skill Set
- The KA Relational Development Model
- Joint Innovation and Building Value, to also Develop Collaborative Business-to-Business Relationships
- Creating Customer Dependency
- Create and Managing a Contact Matrix
- Getting High-level Buy-in and Support
- Ensuring All Team Members are Aware of their Roles and Responsibilities
- Stopping Your Competitors Dead in their Tracks
- Long-Term Focus on Increasing Quality, Revenues and Reducing Costs
- Reasons for Divesting Partnerships
- The KA Quiz
Module 5: Consolidation and Development
- Investment is Required to Yield Maximum Returns
- Activity: Opportunities to Use Technology and e-Business
- Appointing High-Level Key Account Management Champions in Your Organisation
- Win-Win Negotiation – The Only Way
- Business: Building and Leading a Virtual Team
- Personal Development Plans
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information