Motivational Skills – Discover Key Factors for Building a Motivated Team. Managers everywhere want teams that are effective, focused and committed to organizational goals. With a team like this, think of the performance and results you could deliver! Teams only perform like this if their managers are motivating them effectively. This is why you need…View Details
HR Management Fundamentals
HR Management Fundamentals
HR Management function has to be the bridge between the workforce and the organization. It also has to be the eyes, ears and sometimes the conscience of the team. This training seminar will show you how to build that bridge and how to create an HR Management functions that meet the needs of employees and the organization.
This training workshop provides a comprehensive and modern overview of the role and activities of the Human Resource Personnel (HR) Department. It presents the latest tools and techniques for the effective management of people.
Whether you’re a recently appointed HR manager, are new to HR or have a non-HR job with HR responsibilities, this course can give you the know-how you need. Understand essential HR functions and learn to develop an action plan to put to work in your organization.
This comprehensive seminar delivers a modern view of HR’s role and will educate you and give you an opportunity to practice your skills in a variety of areas.
The lessons examine the various functions of HRM in organizations including responsibilities and objectives, the employment cycle, job analysis, recruitment and selection, and performance appraisal as well as employee relations, and managing change within the workplace.
Based on the fact that knowledge is the gateway to engagement, the ‘HR Management course’ is designed to build participants’ awareness and understanding of the primary functions that make up a modern HR department.
The modules of this course are considered fundamental and include basic knowledge as well as latest trends and keys to effectiveness. If you are looking to strengthen your experience, venture into a specific HR function or embark on an HR business partner role, then this course should be your first course to consider.
You might be interested in another HR Programs as a next step.
This course is officially accredited by HRCI.
- COURSE TYPE Foundation
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 5 days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY HRCI
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
Participants will learn about the processes involved, the systems used and the skills needed to be successful in a modern HR Department. They will explore personal activities ranging from the recruitment interview to a dismissal meeting, discover the skills required and the role of the HR Professional in the 21st Century.
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
This course is accredited by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Credit Hours = 30
By successfully completing this program which is approved by HRCI, participants will earn credit hours essential for maintaining the professional distinction of PHR®, SPHR® or GPHR®.
Module 1: An Overview of Human Resource Management
- Introducing Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Human Resource Management V Personnel Management
- Main activities, responsibilities, and tasks of HRM
- Introducing Strategic HRM (SHRM)
- Personnel jobs and systems
- Typical department structure – HRM department case study
- Qualifications and professional study
- Personal qualities needed for HRM work
Module 2: Introduction to organizational structures
- Definition and purpose
- Types of organizational structures
- Advantages and disadvantages of various structures
- Examples of structures for some organizations
- Tools used to draw organizational structures
- Workshop: Using Microsoft Visio in drawing organizational structures
Module 3: Administration & Performance Management
- Administration and business support
- Monitoring and reporting, e.g Sickness and Absence
- Absence management case study
- Introduction to HR databases and computer systems
- Security and confidentiality of employee records
- Performance management in a multi-cultural setting
- Appraisal systems and 360-degree feedback
- The employee disciplinary interview
- Employee termination
- HR Audit
- Excel for HR (tips and tricks)
Module 4: Employee documentation and record keeping
- Purpose and objective of record keeping
- Employee files: legal documents to maintain
- Developing an orientation package: documents to provide to new hires
- Policies, procedures, and work rules
- Developing an organization’s employee handbook
- Purpose of the handbook
- Sections of the handbook – the process of developing a handbook
- Workshop: draft of employee handbook
Module 6: Recruiting, Rewarding and Retaining Employees
- Flexibility and introducing the ‘flexible firm’
- Pay and reward, compensation and benefits
- Introducing ‘total reward’ concepts
- Recruitment and selection
- Assessment and development
- The use and limitations of aptitude tests and psychometrics
- Use of references
- Induction for new employees
- Performance Management
Module 7: HR Planning, Learning & HR Ethics
- What is learning?
- Training and Development
- Human resource planning
- Integrated HR strategies
- HR and Training and Development
- HRM Ethics
- Professional Conduct
- Personal action planning and continuing personal development (CPD)
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information