Certificate in Cosmetic Regulatory Essentials
Certificate in Cosmetic Regulatory Essentials
The Certificate in Cosmetic Regulatory Essentials covers cosmetic compliance, including safety, evaluation, marketing, labeling, ingredient, and quality checks for cosmetic regulation worldwide. Cosmetic rules differ around the world:
- cosmetic claims used in marketing
- cosmetic ingredient lists on labels
- permitted cosmetic ingredients
- what is a cosmetic product
If you want to sell a cosmetic product, you must comply in whichever country you sell it in! By completing the Certificate in Cosmetic Regulatory Essentials, you learn how to comply with cosmetic regulations in the ASEAN, AU, Canada, China, EU, UK, USA, NZ, Japan, South Africa & South Korea markets.
Ideal for those with a Cosmetic Brand looking to export cosmetics, as well as working for companies selling cosmetic products in one or more countries worldwide.
- COURSE TYPE Advanced
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 2 months
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY IPHS Australia
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
After this course you will be able to:
- ensure compliance requirements for personal care products in multiple countries
- investigate the suitability and compliance requirements for ingredients used in cosmetic products
- prepare label, technical and marketing text with all required information
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
Upon completing the course, participants will need to complete two written assessments by certification body.
Module 1 - Investigate and evaluate cosmetic ingredients
Covers the origin and functions of the common ingredients used in personal care products for an understanding of what gets used in products and why. Learn how to:
- accurately identify what constitutes ‘organic’, ‘natural’ and ‘synthetic’ ingredients and processing
- investigate and evaluate the origins and functions of the many and varied ingredients used in personal care products
- apply this knowledge when promoting products in the market place.
Module 2 - Evaluate cosmetic ingredient and formula safety
Covers the responsibility of organisations pertaining to, and regulations governing the safety of, personal care products. Learn how to:
- identify irritant and allergen reactions of consumers
- identify and reduce the irritancy and allergen profile of a personal care product
- effectively evaluate potential safety issues pertaining to various personal care products.
Module 3 - Design evaluations of personal care product performance
Teaches how to design and implement appropriate testing to evaluate personal care product performance. Learn how to:
- interpret results of tests
- use this information throughout product development and subsequent marketing strategies
- effectively design product evaluations and report on their findings
- use evaluation reports to enhance product performance and/or utilize results in marketing campaigns.
Module 4 - Apply compliance requirements in the promotion of personal care products (cosmetics)
Covers the application of the range of compliance requirements and obligations that must be fulfilled by an organisation promoting cosmetic personal care products. Learn how to:
- ensure compliance is an integral part of normal business operations
- develop and edit marketing campaigns to suit organisation and legislative requirements
- ensure an effective, compliant message is being communicated.
Module 5 - Evaluate compliance requirements of cosmetic ingredients
Teaches how to identify compliance requirements for appropriate ingredient selection; incorporating searches involved to determine compliance requirements. Learn how to:
- search compliance requirements of ASEAN, AU, Canada, China, EU, UK, USA, NZ, Japan, Sth Africa & Sth Korea
- select ingredients in accordance with compliance requirements
- report ingredient use as and when required.
Module 6 - Design and evaluate regulatory documentation
Covers skills and knowledge to be able to search for relevant information on regulatory documentation and create documents to comply with various regulatory authority requirements. Learn how to:
- investigate the informational requirements of various regulatory and quality documents
- evaluate documents received to ensure compliance with regulatory and informational requirements
- design documents based on regulatory and informational requirements to include all necessary information
Module 7 - Plan microbiological control of cosmetic ingredients and manufacturing environment
Covers the identification of microbiological concerns specific to personal care products; and the application of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) principles to ensure product safety. Learn how to:
- test raw materials, products, equipment and the facility for microbial presence
- identify methods to reduce microbiological burden within the facility and finished products using GMP
Module 8 - Plan and interpret stability testing
Covers the methods used to test the stability of products for determination of appropriate shelf life. Learn how to:
- examine formulas to determine factors contributing to instability and methods to correct these factors
- develop appropriate stability protocols to ensure performance characteristics of perducts are maintained over their shelf life
- formulate to accommodate the stability needs of various products
- test the stability of a variety of personal care products
Module 9 - Design and manage a product recall
Provides the regulatory essentials of implementing and monitoring a product recall. Learn how to:
- prepare a product recall protocol
- prepare marketing statements and required notifications and disseminate this to required stockists and media
- oversee and report on the effectiveness of the recall process.
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information