Incident management training is the basis for understanding how to respond to an incident effectively. Incident management, the next level of incident response, is the ability to prepare for and respond to events that present an adverse effect. High profile incidents such as the Deepwater Horizon (BP incident in the Gulf of Mexico) have shown…View Details
Business Performance Management
Business Performance Management
Business Performance Management is much more than budget processes and dashboards. It ensures that management teams successfully implement the strategies of the board of management via a range of specific tools.
Organisations often design business strategies with great potential, but around 70% of them fail to achieve the success they predicted and hoped for.
This is because 90% of a winning strategy is in the execution; great companies know that successful strategy execution has two basic rules:
*Use a performance management system to link strategy and operations
*Understand and use the right tools at each stage of this framework
This program will enable you to develop and improve your technical skills and know-how regarding leadership and reporting as well as develop your managerial skills.
Discover how to implement goals and objectives that work strategically and tactically with our business performance management training. Managers learn how to define and use measurable objectives to achieve robust and directional performance.
This course looks at how objectives and performance measures can be implemented by Managers to ensure that people, departments and organizations remain aligned.
The program looks at the impact of the things on which we choose to focus, and how measurement tools and their implementation affect output.
You might be interested in other Management and Leadership programs as a next step.
- COURSE TYPE Advanced
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 5 days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY Local Certificate
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
Understand how to align strategic and tactical objectives and goals
Create objectives for departments and team members which comply with SMART
Link performance management systems with output and performance
Identify opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their organizations
Design and read a Balanced Scorecard
Understand how goals and organizational structures affect one another
Translate Vision, Mission, and Values into brand-building tactics
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
Students will receive Strategic Axis professional certificate accredited by UAE Government.
Module 1: Performance Management and Corporate Governance
- What makes an Organisation Great?
- Creating and Delivering value to Key Stakeholders
- Why is a Great Business Strategy not enough?
- Linking Great Strategy to Efficient and Effective Operations
- Understanding the Performance Management Cycle
- The Tools and Techniques of Performance Management
- The Board’s role
Module 2: Developing Strategy
- What Strategy is?
- Defining Organisational Vision, Purpose and Values
- Setting a Big Hairy Audacious Goal For Your Business
- Strategic Analysis Tools: Porter’s Five Forces, PESTLE, SWOT and Other Tools
- Defining Organisational Competencies and Capabilities
- What is your Competitive Advantage?
- The Essence of a Winning Business Strategy
- Formulating Strategy: Generic Strategies based on Competitive Advantage
- Formulating Strategy: Using a Strategy Clock to Find a Competitive Position
- Formulating Strategy: ‘Blue Ocean’ Approach
- Strategy in Action: Understanding Your Business Model
Module 3: Translating Strategy
- Delivering Shareholder Value
- Vital Financial Objectives: Return on Investment, Profit Margin, and Asset Utilisation
- Understanding and using Strategic Themes and Strategy Maps
- Balancing Stakeholder Objectives
- Defining and Building a Balanced Scorecard Four Your Business
- Case Study: Defining and Drawing A Strategy Map
Module 4: Leading Companies from Good to Great
- Contrasting Management with Leadership
- Principles of Outstanding Leadership
- Understanding Corporate Culture and Its Role in Performance
- Dealing with Resistance to Change
- Understanding and Managing Transformational Change
Module 5: Planning Operations
- Converting Strategic Objectives in to Operational Objectives For Budgets
- Practical Tips on Identifying Key Success Factors (KSF’s)
- Developing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Using Balanced Scorecard to Identify Areas For Business Process Improvement
- Improving Operational Efficiency: Six Sigma
- Improving Operational Efficiency: Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Improving Operational Efficiency: Lean Processes in Toyota
- Calculating Resource Capacity Requirements
- Implementing and Preparing Budgets
- Understanding and Managing The Drivers of Return on Investment: Profit and Asset Utilisation
- Understanding Risk and How it Affects Business Performance
Module 6: Improving Business Performance - Monitoring and Learning
- Designing and Implementing an Effective Budgetary Control System
- Understanding the Behavioural and Motivational Aspects of Budgeting
- Responsibility Accounting, Variance Analysis and Reporting Systems
- Using Balanced Scorecard to Monitor, Manage and Improve Performance
- Understanding Your Business Model: Activity-based Cost Analysis
- Strategic Decision Making: Product and Customer Profitability
- Strategic Approach to Cost Reduction
- Managing Effective Meetings: Who – Why – When – What
Module 7: Good to Great – Testing and Adapting Your Strategy
- Criticisms of Traditional Budgeting and Management Methods
- Beyond Budgeting: Adaptive Management Processes
- Traditional Forecasting Methods
- Identifying your Key Business Drivers
- Understanding Risk and How It Affects Business Performance
- Using Sensitivity Testing to Assess The Impact of Risk on Decision-making
- Using Key Business Drivers For ‘what-if’ Forecasts to Model and Test Strategy
- Identifying and Examining Emerging Strategies
- Using Business Information to Update Strategic Analysis and Strategy
- Why do good companies fail?
- Understanding and Dealing with Disruptive Innovation
- How do companies go from good to great?
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information