Team Management Skills
Team Management Skills – The Core Skills Needed to Manage Your Team.
So you’ve just got a new job as a manager. Congratulations!
Or maybe you’ve just been given the task of pulling a new team together. What a challenge!
Either way, whether your team exists already or it’s your responsibility to create it, what do you do next?
Too often good people start off with high hopes and expectations but end up either leaving their management role or becoming demotivated.
That doesn’t need to happen.
Linking practical leadership theories to a dynamic team leading, this course comes to life by working through practical challenges and managing the reality of getting the best from a wide variety of people who need to work together.
Delegates will complete a Belbin Team Role questionnaire and receive a book for use back in the workplace to develop a dynamic team.
The Belbin Self-Perception Inventory tests remain valid for two years – giving you the option to complete the 360-degree Observer Assessments at a later date.
Delegates will discover practical and straightforward ways to lead, organize and motivate to achieve outstanding performance and results.
When people work well together, they produce synergy and enables the team to accomplish organization goals ultimately. Working in a happy and prosperous team is exceptionally satisfying to any leader or member of a group.
The cooperative atmosphere, the ease of achieving results and the sense of belonging to a successful team, is very appealing. Working as part of such optimal groups is the dream of any individual and organization. An active leader earns the respect of his/her team members and builds a harmonious working environment.
This course covers the essential skills and personal qualities that will produce highly effective team leaders.
You might be interested in other Management and Leadership programs.
- COURSE TYPE Advanced
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 2 days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY Local Certificate
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
Managing people doesn’t have to be daunting or confusing, but it often happens that good people don’t develop the skills they need and end up becoming mediocre or even poor managers.
Our Management Training focuses on stopping that from happening and preparing managers to succeed right from the beginning.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
Identify the essential skills and characteristics of successful leaders and team managers.
Demonstrate flexibility across the leadership styles and develop personal strategies for enhancing the effectiveness of your team.
Develop your team’s strengths.
Manage different personalities and encourage mutual respect and cooperation from all team members.
Manage effective team meetings and briefings and carry out delegation duties assertively.
Resolve conflict and deal with difficult people and situations confidently and positively.
Create and maintain an ongoing action plan for continuous improvement of the team and your management and leadership skills.
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
Students will receive Strategic Axis professional certificate accredited by UAE Government.
Module 1: The Art of Effective Team Management and Leadership
- Understand the role and characteristics of a successful leader
- Group versus Team
- Recognising and reviewing your personal style of leadership
- Assessing the key leadership skills
- Benefits a team can Bring to an organization
Module 2: The Effective Team
- Identify the traits of an effective team
- The key techniques for competent team working
- Manage the expectations of your team
- An Elegant Model (Action-Centred Management) and Adair Model
Module 3: Building a Successful Team
- Distinguish team roles and responsibilities
- Create the ability to recognise and manage different personalities
- Encourage mutual respect and cooperation within your team
- Identify team strengths and development areas
- Leader to Aware Why Teams Fails – Five Reasons
- The Twelve C’s Checklist in Building a Team
Module 4: Motivating to Achieve Results
- Set a clear direction
- Keep the team on target
- Provide support and recognition
- Effective Delegation
- Benefits of Delegation
- Eight Tips How to Delegate
Module 5: Keeping Communication Channels Open
- Assertive team briefing and meetings
- Deal with difficult situations
- Handle conflict within the team and promoting cooperative team behavior
- Improve Your Emotional Intelligence Leading a Team or Staff
- Difference Order Giving and Delegation
- Managing Discipline
Module 6: Enhancing Team Performance through Training and Development
- Develop the skills of individuals
- Problem-solving and decision making within the team
- Empower your team
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information