Managing Different Personalities
Managing Different Personalities – Learn how to keep your composure and avoid escalating the problems when interacting with unreasonable people.
Understanding the people on our team is a huge part of our job. As human beings are complex organisms, people cannot be wholly labeled in this way.
The real benefit comes when we observe and identify particular traits which are familiar to people in these four categories.
Through practical exercises and drawing on our facilitator’s vast experience and psychology background, you will be empowered to pick your battles, turn around negative behaviors and attitudes, communicate effectively, and set clear boundaries for what you will and will not tolerate.
Working with people of different working styles can cause conflicts and stress to us.
This Managing Different Personalities course is aimed at helping us to understand the reasons for the different behaviors of people; learning the different strategies on managing mindset and communication skills to reduce conflicts and get the work done; as well as techniques to work with the specific groups of people whom we may perceive as difficult in our workplace.
Key Learning Outcomes
*Explore the psychology behind different personality types – what makes a “difficult” person?
*Learn how the conscious and subconscious mind shape behavior
*Learn your triggers – which people will you perceive as more difficult than others?
*Manage the emotions in the workplace
*Avoid unintentionally escalating the problem
*Tips to remain calm and stress-free intense situations
*Understand the praise and punishment trap
*Keys to communicate effectively to handle difficult people
*Match your communication style to different personalities
*Explore how you can be soft on the person and firm on the issue
*Using assertiveness to address challenging behaviors
*Constructively manage complaints and aggression
*Create permanent behavior change without having to confront
You might be interested in other Interpersonal Skills and Self Development programs as a next step.
- COURSE TYPE Practitioner
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 2 days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY Local Certificate
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
Gain the skills and confidence to deal with challenging personality types. Learn how to keep your composure and avoid escalating the problems when interacting with unreasonable people.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
*define what a “difficult” person and the main situations where people become difficult is
*recognize your instinctive response to people who are demanding and why you will respond in that manner
*understand the two dimensions that affect how people behave that may be different from others
*learn about different working behavioral styles of people, what is essential for each of them and what happens if their intents are not met
*identify the different categories of confusing people and their characteristics
*practice different techniques and strategies to handle each class of difficult people
*improve communication for dealing with different types of difficult people
*exercise awareness of your behavior to not become a difficult person to others
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
Students will receive Strategic Axis professional certificate accredited by UAE Government.
Module 1: The psychology behind personality types
- What defines a “Difficult Person”?
- Examples of unreasonable behavior
- How the conscious and subconscious mind shape behavior
- Your triggers – why you will perceive some people as more difficult than others
- How to re-programme challenging behaviors
- Simple tools to analyze personal interactions
- The power of “reverse psychology.”
- Four styles of working behavior
- Six personality types
- Ensuring we do not become the problematic person
Module 2: Managing the emotions
- How we sometimes unintentionally escalate the problem
- Don’t make it personal – separate yourself and the person from the issue
- Understanding the world from their perspective
- How to remain calm and stress-free intense situations
- Questioning skills to disarm unreasonable and difficult behavior
- The praise and punishment trap
- Giving people a chance to change with dignity
- Knowing when to seek outside support
Module 3: How to communicate effectively to handle difficult people
- Matching your communication style to the different personalities
- Ensuring that people genuinely listen to you
- Minimise misinterpretations and misunderstandings
- Clearly defining and describing the problem to be addressed
- Avoid being side-tracked by excuses, arguments, and denials
- Using problem ownership to keep the spotlight on them, not you
- How to be soft on the person and firm on the issue
- Gaining constructive solutions and commitment to change
- Using the LEAP listening model
- Establishing a follow-up process to ensure a successful outcome
Module 4: Using assertiveness skills to address difficult behaviors
- How not to let the problematic person make you feel inadequate or uncomfortable
- Setting your boundaries – don’t excuse unacceptable behavior
- Different types of power you can use to affect change
- Simple techniques to defuse sarcastic remarks
- Responding to constructive and destructive criticism
- Using the Broken Record technique to deal with unreasonable demands
Module 5: Constructively managing complaints and aggression
- Recognising the difference between pseudo and authentic resistance
- How to best respond to aggressive behavior
- Using the Reasonable Person Test
- Turning complaints into commitments
- Creating permanent behavior change without having to confront
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information