Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Practical, Easy to Understand, Fun Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification for Everyone!
Lean Six Sigma Is a Simple Problem Solving Methodology. It consists of 5 Phases, also known as DMAIC. In this modern course, you will gain a broad understanding of the Lean Six Sigma improvement methodology, concepts, and language.
Additionally, you will learn about quality tools and required statistics to help to formulate problem statements and translate them into the measurable format. You will be provided with the tools to assess your organization’s readiness to launch Six Sigma projects.
This introductory coursework is quick, informative, and an easy fit to your busy schedule.
- COURSE TYPE Foundation
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 2 days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY IASSC
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
Increasing efficiency and boosting profits are important to all businesses. But how can businesses do that? In this training, we’ll examine the Lean Six Sigma program, including how it can help businesses eliminate waste and become more efficient.
This course also looks at the history of Lean Six Sigma, how this methodology has evolved over the years, and the impact it has had on quality management in organizations.
Lean Six Sigma and Six Sigma are organizational improvement programs with slightly different focal points. In this course, you’ll learn about their similarities and differences and what constitutes a Yellow Belt designation.
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
To achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Yellow Belt (IASSC-CYB™) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification, candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 230 points out of a total potential of 300 points.
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam™ is a 60 question, closed book, proctored exam with a 2 hour allotted time. The Exam contains multiple-choice and true/false questions from each section of the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge.
There are no prerequisites required to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam.
Module 1: Introduction to Quality
- Higher Standards for Higher Performance
- Lean Six Sigma Defined
- Input Determines Output
- Success Stories
- The 99.9% Problem
- The Sigma Level
- Calculating the Sigma Level – Toolset
- DNA of a Champion
- Lean Six Sigma Framework
- DMAIC ‐The Lean Six Sigma Improvement
- Lean and DMAIC
- Organizing for Success
- Working Relationships
- What’s in a Name?
Module 2: Tools for Improvement: Define and Measure
- Project Charter Toolset
- Process Mapping
- Process Mapping (SIPOC) Toolset
- Process Flow Charts and Swim Lanes
- Value‐Added Flow Charts
- Affinity Diagram Toolset
- CTQC Tree Diagram Toolset
- Voice of The Customer as Specifications
- DEFINE Progress Review
- Measurement & Metrics
- Trend Chart Toolset
- Histogram Toolset
- Quantifying Process Variability
- SPC ‐Introduction and Background
- X and Moving Range Charts ‐Toolset
- Pareto Chart Toolset
- MEASURE ‐Progress Review
- Exercises and Quiz
Module 3: Tools for Improvement: Analyze, Improve, and Control
- Cause & Effect Diagram Toolset
- 5‐Why, 1‐How
- Scatter Plot Toolset
- ANALYZE ‐Progress Review
- FMEA Toolset
- Prioritizing and Selecting a Solution
- Piloting a Solution
- IMPROVE ‐Progress Review
- Control Plan
- Standardized Work ‐Documenting Process
- CONTROL ‐Progress Review
- Exercises and Quiz
Module 4: Deployment of Lean Six Sigma
- Project selection and charter importance
- Leadership and employee involvement
- Selection of Six Sigma projects: guidelines
- Characteristics of a successful Six Sigma project
- Corporate commitment: ten questions for leaders
- Sources of high impact opportunities
- Characteristics of projects to avoid
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information