COBIT 5 Foundation
Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) is a framework providing best practices for the governance and management of enterprise IT services. This course provides a comprehensive understanding of the COBIT 5 product architecture, the five key principles, and the knowledge needed to pass the COBIT 5 Foundation certification exam.
This instructor-led IT Governance Foundation Course provides an overview of the main concepts of IT Governance according to COBIT® 5, ISACA® ’s latest governance framework, and how they can be applied. COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use.
- COURSE TYPE Foundation
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 3 days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY ISACA
You Will Learn How To
COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
This course and the COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate are mandatory for additional COBIT® 5 training, including the COBIT® 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program Training.
Important Course Information
COBIT 5 and the Strategic Axis Pre-Course Study Guide are sent to students for pre-course reading.
20 hours of pre-course reading is recommended.
The COBIT 5 Foundation Certification exam is offered on the final day of class.
Module 1: The Key Features of COBIT 5
- The Reasons for the Development of COBIT®5
- The History of COBIT®
- The Drivers for developing a Framework
- The Benefits of using COBIT®5
- The COBIT® 5 Format & product Architecture
- COBIT® 5 and Other Frameworks
Module 2: The COBIT 5 Principles
- Topic 1: Enabler Focus
- Topic 2: Control Objectives to Management Practices
- Topic 3: From COBIT® 4.1 Management Guidelines to COBIT® 5: Enabling Processes Guidelines
Module 3: The COBIT 5 Enablers
- Enabler 1 – Principles, Policies, and frameworks
- Enabler 2 – Processes
- Enabler 3 – Organizational Structures
- Enabler 4 – Culture, Ethics, and Behavior
- Enabler 5 – Information
- Enabler 6 – Services, Infrastructure, and Applications
- Enabler 7 – People, Skills, and Competencies
- Walk Through on using Goals cascade to scope Processes
Module 4: Introduction to COBIT 5 Implementation
- The Life Cycle Approach
- Inter related components of the life cycle
- Understanding the enterprise internal and external factors
- Key success factors for implementation
- The seven phases of the Life Cycle model explained
- The seven Change Enablement characteristics used in the life cycle.
- Change Enablement relationships to the Continual Improvement Life Cycle
- Making the Business case
- The differences between COBIT® 4.1 and COBIT® 5
Module 5: Process Capability Assessment Model
- What is a process assessment?
- What is the COBIT® Assessment Program
- The differences between a capability and maturity assessment
- Differences to the COBIT® 4.1 CMM
- Overview of the COBIT® Capability Model & Assessments
- The Process Reference Model (PRM)
- The Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- The Measurement Framework
- Introduction to the Assessor Training Steps
Module 6: Exam
- Topic 1: preparation for the exam
- Topic 2: taking the exam
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information