Certificate in Leadership & Management
Certificate in Leadership & Management – Get the in-demand skills you need to excel in your management career.
Make the leap from management material to outstanding first-line manager with a qualification from the UK’s most respected leadership organization.
You’ll have the opportunity to master a wide range of essential management skills, including project management, budgeting, communication, innovation, and problem-solving.
The Certificate in Leadership and Management course is designed for aspiring supervisors and first-line managers. The course introduces students to the role of a manager and develops the practical skills they need to be a competent supervisor or manager.
It is an internationally recognized professional qualification in management from the UK’s first leadership and management qualifications body.
This course gives practicing or potential first-line managers (team leaders or supervisors) the foundation for their formal development in their roles.
You’ll develop an understanding of the factors that influence how people behave at work and investigate a range of leadership styles to motivate individuals and monitor performance.
You’ll have the opportunity to look at the importance of planning and delegation and, in the later stages of the course; you’ll develop your knowledge and understanding of how effective communication at work can increase staff motivation and productivity.
The qualification develops management skills and assists participants in gaining the knowledge and expertise required of team leaders and supervisors, as well as providing a route to career development.
The modules offer opportunities for class discussion and interaction with other course members. All assessment methodologies are work-related and designed to provide individual development and direct organizational benefits.
You might be interested in other Management programs as a next step.
The Certificate in Leadership and Management is a recognized qualification which will help you to become an outstanding leader.
It will provide you with all the tools needed for developing yourself and others so that you can become secure in your ability to carry out your management role.
- COURSE TYPE Intermediate
- COURSE NUMBER
- DURATION 5 Days
- COURSE ACCREDITED BY CMI
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
The Certificate in Leadership & Management will cover the following:
- Introduction to Leadership
- Organising & Delegating
- Problem Solving
- Developing Yourself & Others
- Recruitment, Selection & Induction
- Motivating to Perform in the Workplace
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Time Management
- Understanding & Planning Change in the Workplace
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
You don’t need any formal qualifications to enroll in this course.
Module 1: Understand the organisation and its context
- Understand the organization as an entity
- Understand the context within which the organization operates
- Understanding Marketing for Managers
- Understanding Costs and Budgets in an Organisation
Module 2: Understanding leadership
- Understand leadership styles
- Understand leadership qualities and review own leadership qualities and potential
- Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions
Module 3: Leading and motivating a team effectively
- Know how to communicate the organization’s vision and strategy to the team
- Know how to motivate and develop the team
- Understanding Customer Service Standards and Requirements
- Developing Yourself and Others
- Managing Workplace Projects
Module 4: Understanding organizing and delegating in the workplace
- Understand how to organize people to achieve objectives
- Understand how to delegate to achieve workplace objectives
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Understanding Innovation & Change in the Workplace
- Planning and Allocating Work
Module 5: Planning and allocating work
- Know how to plan work in the workplace
- Know how to allocate work to team members
- Understand how to improve the performance of a team in delivering to plan
Module 6: Solving problems and making decisions
- Know how to describe a problem, its nature, scope and impact
- Know how to gather and interpret information to solve a problem
- Know how to evaluate options to make a decision
- Know how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of decisions
Module 7: Understanding the communication process in the workplace
- Understand the nature and importance of the communication process in the workplace
- Understand the methods of communication
- Be able to assess own effectiveness in communication
Module 8: Understanding performance management
- Understand the value of assessing performance to meet organisational and individual needs
- Know how to manage performance of individuals in the team
- Understand the value of feedback in the workplace
- Know how to manage underperformance in the workplace
Module 9: Diversity in the workplace
- Understand how to contribute to a positive workplace environment
- Understand how to deal with difficulties arising from diverse individual and/or organizational values
- Know how to use effective personal time management to achieve team goals
- Know how to manage own stress
- Understand how to integrate new members in the team
- Know how to coach individuals in the team
Module 10: Understanding discipline in the workplace
- Understand the legal aspects and organizational policy relating to discipline in the workplace
- Understand how to monitor discipline in the workplace
- Understand conflict management in the workplace
- Know how to manage stress in the workplace
- Understand how to support individuals in the team and minimize stress in others
Module 11: Understanding innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand the effects of innovation and change on people and teams in an organisation
Module 12: Understanding quality management in the workplace
- Understand the importance of quality management in the workplace
- Understand how quality is delivered within the workplace
- Understand the legal and organizational requirement for managing customer service
- Understand customer service standards
- Know how to monitor customer service performance
In The Classroom
Private Team Training
Indiviual Private Session
Please Register for More Information